Top Stories


    Jul 11, 2016

    Man who 'stalked' younger man found dead in Yishun

    A 26-YEAR-OLD man believed to have stalked and harassed a younger man

    was tied up and allegedly murdered

    at a Yishun flat on Saturday night.

    Shawn Ignatius Rodrigues was pronounced dead at 8.29pm at Block 279, Yishun Street 22,

    Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao reported yesterday.

    His body was discovered at a staircase.

    Police rushed to the scene to investigate

    and arrested a 20-year-old man.

    An insider who had known the victim for

    many years told Wanbao that he had fallen

    for a 20-year-old who also lived in Yishun.

    Mr Rodrigues allegedly confessed his feelings to the younger man two years ago but was repeatedly rejected.

    According to the insider, Mr Rodrigues then started going to the 20-year-old's door to profess his love.

    His visits started to disturb the younger man's family and neighbours, Wanbao reported.

    The 20-year-old's sister, who declined to be named, told Chinese paper Shin Min Daily News that Mr Rodrigues would harass them by banging on the door or spoiling the circuit box.

    The administrator, 22, told Wanbao that

    her family had called the police several times

    over the harassment but it did not deter him.

    Several residents at the block recognised

    Mr Rodrigues, saying that he turned up almost daily, sometimes pacing at the void deck.

    One resident, who gave her name as

    Madam Zhuo, said he had glared at her once while they were in the same lift and grabbed her

    by the neck.

    Another resident, Chen Qiaojing, 75, said

    she often witnessed Mr Rodrigues knocking on

    the 20-year-old's door.

    She claimed she would shout that the police were coming to scare him off.

    "Last Wednesday, I shouted 'police' when he was at the door, and this time he did not run and instead ran over to me and punched me in the

    face thrice," said Madam Chen.

    It is believed that the pair started fighting

    at the staircase on Saturday.

    The tussle startled the neighbours and the

    police were called at 7.57pm.

    The police said in a media release that a 26-year-old man was pronounced dead by paramedics at about 8.29pm.

    A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the case.

    The police are investigating the unnatural death.