Win NDP tickets
MY PAPER is giving away five pairs of tickets to the National Day Parade on Aug 9 and five pairs of tickers to the preview on Aug 3, in the My Memories photo contest.
Simply send us a photograph that tells a story of growing up in Singapore and say, in 100 words or fewer, what made it uniquely Singaporean. Your caption can be in English or Chinese.
All entries should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full name, Identity Card number, and contact details.
Each person is allowed only one entry.
Entries must be submitted by July 23.
Winning entries may be featured on the official NDP website, www.ndp.org.sg, and in the Singapore Memory Project.
Terms and conditions
By taking part in the “My Memories NDP Contest” (“Contest”), all persons participating herein agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, all information on how to participate in the Contest and the prize details form part of the Terms & Conditions.
1. The Contest, organised by Singapore Press Holdings Limited (“SPH”), is open to all My Paper readers residing in Singapore.
2. Entries must be submitted to email@example.com by 23 July 2013, 2359 hours, to be deemed as eligible.
3. SPH shall not be responsible for lost or misdirected entries, caused by telephone lines or systems or internet service providers, for entries received after the deadline as a consequence of telephone or technical errors, internet service delays, interruptions, failures or overloads, or for any stolen, misplaced, or incomplete entries.
4. Only entries that are accurate and complete will be accepted. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
5. Each participant retains ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Contest entry submitted by the participant, including any and all photographs/images and write-ups accompanying the entry, but agrees that the SPH, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies shall have a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty free license to use the entry, including any and all photographs/images and write-ups submitted together with the entry, in any manner and in relation to any media, for the period that copyright subsists in the entry.
6. By submitting a Contest entry, each participant warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright to the photographs/images and write-ups submitted, and further that the participant’s entry does not infringe any copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property right or any rights of any third parties.
7. Winners will be notified via e-mail and/or telephone.
8. Winners are responsible for collecting their own prizes. The date(s), time(s) and venue(s) for collection of the prizes will be notified via email and/or telephone.
9. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prizes must be utilised within the specified validity period and no requests for extensions will be entertained.
10. Prizes will be forfeited if not collected by August 7, 2013.
11. Employees of SPH and its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Contest.
12. SPH's decision on all matters relating to this Contest will be final and binding on all participants to this Contest, and no correspondence will be entertained.
13. SPH reserves the right to publish or display the name, picture, identification card number and city of residence of the winners of this Contest for advertising and publicity purposes.
14. Winning entries, along with the winners' names may be featured on the NDP 2013 official website (ndp.org.sg) and/or used in the Singapore Memory Project (http://www.singaporememory.sg). The winners’ identification card numbers and contact details will be provided to the National Day Parade 2013 organising committee (“NDP Committee”), for the NDP Committee to contact them for such purposes.
15. By entering into this Contest, participants agree that SPH, its officers, directors and employees, and SPH’s affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and their respective officers, directors, and employees shall not be liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from a person’s participation in this Contest or from the acceptance or use/misuse of any prizes awarded. This includes, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
16. By entering into this Contest, participants agree to indemnify and hold SPH, its officers, directors and employees, and SPH’s affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and their respective officers, directors and employees, harmless from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities (including statutory liability and liability to third parties), penalties, and costs (including without limitation, legal costs on a full indemnity basis), awards, losses and/or expenses, due to or arising out of the participant’s entry into the Contest or the participant’s breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
17. SPH, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions, make prize substitutions or cancel this Contest without prior notice.
18. SPH reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Contest in any way, or to be acting in violation of the Computer Misuse Act or any other law or regulation.
19. SPH reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual believed to have undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this Contest, the entry submission process or the relevant web site.
20. Participants also agree that SPH is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to a participant or third party's computer relating to or resulting from this Contest and/or its prizes.
21. SPH shall also not be liable for damage to a participant's computer system in any way due to a person’s participation in the Contest or the downloading of any information in connection with the registration for the Contest, including without limitation any server failure; lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction.
22. By entering into this Contest, participants consent to SPH using the information submitted as it deems fit, including to send participants information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to SPH’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by SPH.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, save for the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) which is expressly excluded from application.