Want to plan a panda party?
This September marks the one-year anniversary of giant pandas Kai Kai and Jia Jia at River Safari, and celebrates the birthdays for both pandas.
Wildlife Reserves Singapore will be throwing a big birthday surprise for the two pandas and is looking for 10 unique individuals to be ‘Panda Party Planners’.
Five of these lucky participants will be chosen by My Paper in an exclusive contest.
These Panda Party Planners will, for the first time, get to go behind-the-scenes with giant panda keepers and visit River Safari’s bamboo nursery and the Giant Panda Forest kitchen to experience what it’s like to be a panda keeper.
These Panda Party Planners will assist Kai Kai and Jia Jia’s keepers in preparing a special birthday cake and enrichment toy for the pandas on August 31. They will also present these birthday surprises to Kai Kai and Jia Jia during a private panda party event on September 6.
HOW TO JOIN
Tell us in no more than 100 words why you deserve to be a Panda Party Planner. Send your entry together with your name, IC no., and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for entries is Aug 25 at 12pm.
Terms and conditions
- This programme applies to Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and Employment/Study Pass Holders residing in Singapore.
- A maximum of 10 participants shall be admitted for this special programme.
- No other persons will be allowed to accompany each participant.
- Participants must be aged 13 or above.
- Participants can expect light physical activities, including bamboo harvesting and food preparation with the assistance of keepers.
- Like any bear, giant pandas are very strong and potentially dangerous, so keepers never go in an enclosure with them. As such, participants will not have any close encounters or physical interaction with the pandas.
- All participants must wear closed shoes or boots as you will be expected to disinfect your shoes before entering the panda enclosure.
- All participants are advised to wear comfortable and light long sleeved tops, as bamboo contains some fine hairs which can irritate sensitive skin.
- All participants must disclose all illnesses to animal keepers prior to entering any animal areas of the exhibit.
- For safety purposes, participants should at all times follow all instructions given by the animal keepers.
- This programme is not recommended for pregnant individuals.
- Participants suffering from any disease (including, but not limited to fever, coughing, cold/flu, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, skin disease, heart disease, lung disease, haemophilia, epilepsy, fainting/giddiness/loss of consciousness when in close contact with animals, phobia of animals, or depressed immune mechanisms) are not recommended to participate in this programme.
- Any person who participates in the programme does so entirely at his/her own risk and shall be deemed to have understood the risks associated with the programme. WRS, their employees and agents will take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of participants but shall not be responsible for any death, personal injury or damage sustained or arising out of his/her participation in the programme unless caused by the negligence, wrongful act or omission of SZG, its employees or agents. WRS shall at their sole discretion, provide such immediate first aid and/or medical treatment as it shall deem reasonable. Any such immediate first aid and/or medical treatment rendered shall not be taken as an admission of liability by WRS in any way for any personal injury sustained or arising.
- Photographs or videos taken during this programme may be used and retained by WRS for its own future promotional materials in any format (printed or electronic).