Recipe for abalone salad
To prepare abalone sauce:
Boil soya sauce, mirin sauce, white carrot and katsuo bushi (dried skipjack tuna) until the mixture hits boiling point.
To prepare sesame dressing:
1 tablespoon of sesame
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1/5 tablespoon of soya sauce
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/3 tablespoon of vinegar
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of mirin sauce
Mix them. Ensure that measurements are accurate to achieve consistency.
To prepare amazu sauce:
Mix 4 parts water, 1 part sugar and 1 part vinegar.
1. Marinate the cucumber and radish in the amazu sauce for half a day.
2. Boil the abalone in water at 60 deg C for about two hours. Plate it, then pour the abalone sauce on top.
3. Boil an egg at 65 deg C for about 20 minutes, then place it in ice water to get a runny, half-cooked egg.
4. Blanch carrots and asparagus in salted water for 30 seconds.
5. When the abalone is cooked, wash the vegetables.
6. Put cooked egg on the abalone and vegetables, then pour the sesame dressing on top.